How to Make Pants Bigger: Three Ways to Stretch Your Jeans for the Perfect Fit
Maybe you grew a little or maybe your jeans shrunk in the dryer. Either way, your jeans are too small. You might be worried that you have to donate your beloved jeans now. But, that might not be the case. Oftentimes, you can stretch your jeans into the perfect fit.
Spritz and Pull
Petite Jeans for WomenStart Shopping!
This is the easiest and most comfortable way to stretch your jeans.
- Fill a spray bottle with ¾ water and ¼ fabric softener. Shake well.
- Lay your jeans on a counter top or some other surface you don’t mind getting wet.
- Spray the area of your jeans you want to stretch with the water and fabric softener solution. Spritz the area until it is damp.
- Pull the area you want to stretch. If that area is the thighs, pull the thighs horizontally. The method for stretching jeans in length is slightly different. Place your jeans on the floor. Stand on one leg of the jeans and pull the leg toward you with your hands. Stretch the other leg similarly.
- Let the jeans air-dry. Do not throw them in the dryer or they will shrink again.
Wear, Spray, and Stretch
This technique is like spritz and pull except you wear your jeans in this method.
- Fill a spray bottle with ¾ water and ¼ fabric softener. Shake it up.
- Slip on your jeans, and stand in front of a full-length mirror. This will help you see which parts of your jeans need to stretch.
- Spray the parts of your jeans you want to stretch until you feel your skin under the jeans get slightly wet.
- Do stretches and exercises to stretch your jeans. To stretch the thighs of your jeans, try doing the butterfly stretch and the splits (or as far in the splits as you can). Some exercises to stretch your jeans include lunges and squats. For more details, check out our method to stretch jeans with this quick workout.
Take a Bath
If you want your jeans perfectly sculpted to your body, this is the method for you. Skip the bath bomb this time around. But, you can definitely light some scented candles for a more relaxing experience.
- Slip on your loose pair of jeans and draw a bath of hot water. Make the water as hot as you can tolerate without hurting yourself. The hot water will cause the denim fibers stretch and conform to your body.
- Sit in the bath water while wearing your jeans. Make sure to fully submerge your jeans in the water.
Otherwise, the areas above the water will not stretch. Add more hot water to completely submerge your jeans if necessary.
- Stay in the bath about twenty minutes, until the water becomes room temperature.
- Sit or lie in the sun for a few hours until your jeans fully dry.
- Show off your perfectly fitting jeans. You deserve it!
From now on, avoid the dryer. Air-dry your jeans. Iron them when they are completely dry if you want them to feel less stiff. But, if you you really like the feeling of warm jeans fresh from the dryer, you can repeat these methods to stretch your jeans again.